HSS/DMo5 AISI M2 DIN 1.3343
HIGH SPEED STEEL WITH TUNGSTEN-MOLYBDENUM
- These elements contain high mechanical characteristics maintaining an excellent toughness.
- Molybdenum (Mo), present in 5%, reduces notably the brittleness, favors the formation of a very fine martensitic grain, increases the limit of fatigue and consequently the mechanical resistance, obtaining an improvement of the cutting characteristics.
- Tungsten (W), present in 6,4%, produces hard carbides; it contributes to improve the blade toughness preventing the grain growth. It increases the tensile strength and above all the wear resistance to the high working temperatures, improving cutting performances. Vanadium is also present (V) in 1,9%, which makes the grain thinner allowing the formation of hard carbides that improve the wear resistance.
HSS/Co5% AISI M35 DIN 1.3243
HIGH SPEED STEEL WITH TUNGSTEN-MOLYBDENUM AND COBALT
- Different from DMo5 due to higher cobalt presence (5%).
- Cobalt (Co) is an element that reduces the grain growth at high temperatures, so the presence of this element gives to the steel a high seal cutting and hardness.
- This steel grade is fundamental when they have to cut materials such as stainless steel or with high mechanical resistance, that generate high temperatures at the contact point.